Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Let's do this

"Your Facebook posts crack me up!" is something I hear often, followed by "You should start a blog."  I'm not sure who's going to read this besides someone named Vlad in Russia, but here goes.

Another thing I hear frequently is, "I just don't understand it.  Why are you still single?"  Oh, snap.  I forgot to refill my prescription for that find-a-man topical cream.  My bad.  

I believe everything happens for a reason, and there is a reason why I'm single at this point in my life.  I like to think it's because I'm going straight to heaven when I die because searching for a mate has got to be my purgatory.  Or maybe I'm supposed to write a blog.  Who knows.  I'm too humble to say that I'm far too fabulous for most men, but I'm confident enough to admit that I may be a little intimidating to some.  I earned two degrees, finished ten marathons, rappelled down five tall buildings, hiked up a mountain, swam with sharks and ate live ants in the Amazon.  Shrinking violet I am not.  I am close to paying off my home of 16 years, own my car and have no debt besides my house payment.  I don't NEED a man but it would just be nice to have someone to hang out with, you know?

Enter online dating.  I'm surrounded by women at work (at a girls' school, nonetheless) and in my many volunteer activities, so it's hard to meet guys.  My last two relationships were actually with men I met online...and we see how well that's worked out given that I'm still single.  But every once in a while I have a weak moment and reactivate one of my online profiles that require payment (Match or eHarmony) and hope for the best.  Of course, I've also got some of the freebies going too (OKCupid, Coffee Meets Bagel and even Tinder).  These are their stories.  DUN dun.  (If you watch Law & Order, you get that.)




No comments:

Post a Comment